SUGAR Expo 2016
The SUGAR Expo 2016 is Wednesday, June 1st. Register to attend now!
The event is free and open to the public.
The SUGAR Network invites you to join us as we celebrate our students' creative work in design research, design practice, engineering, and manufacturing.
The SUGAR Expo is a unique, once-a-year opportunity to meet with students, faculty and industry colleagues. This event precedes the Stanford Design EXPErience, so you may experience two days back-to-back of unparalleled access to experience student work, witness cutting-edge prototypes, and see ideas from outside your usual sphere.
The SUGAR Expo features morning podium presentations (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM) and an afternoon trade-show style design fair (2:00 to 5:00 PM). The full day will showcase work from multiple universities and provide ample opportunities for networking.
Student teams from top universities around the world have been imagining and building innovative solutions to design challenges from these companies:
TRACK A: Automotive, manufacturing & retail industries
- Kongsberg Automotive: Supporting the transition to semi-autonomous driving
- Lapeyre: Reinventing the kitchen for elderly people
- Mabe (I): Clothes care in the year 2030
- Mabe (II): A vision for a movable modular kitchen
- Media-Saturn Holding: Shopping consumer electronics in the future
- Sonae—Berg Bicycles: A completely new offering for urban commuting with bicycles
- Sonae—Worten: Innovation for home appliance after-sales service
- Trinity Robotics: Designing interaction between robots and people
- Yanmar: Innovation for vineyards
- Zipor: Mass customization of shoes in the B2C market
TRACK B: Pharmaceutical, chemical, health/beauty, & consumer related industries
- BASF (I): Crop protection 2.0 - digital services for the farming process
- BASF (II): Health optimization through personalized nutrition
- Boehringer Ingelheim: Revolutionizing communication between doctors and pharma
- Employers Confederation of the Mexican Republic (COPARMEX): A shared bicycle service for Mexico City
- Expanscience: Enhancing magical moments in the baby care experience
- Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias (INER): A diagnostic device for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
- Merck: Innovating patient support services
- Nestlé: Redesigning the vending machine for a better coffee experience in offices
- Sanofi: Helping pharmaceutical sales to better use customer data
TRACK C: Financial services, telecommunications & media industries
- Allianz: Redesigning people management and its user experience
- Grupo SURA: Synergies for uncertainty elimination
- Haufe Lexware (I): Enabling resource sharing for small businesses
- Haufe Lexware (II): Improving the online visibility of small businesses
- Helvetia: A simple insurance solution for shared flats
- SwissCom (I): Inform, involve and engage employees through corporate TV
- SwissCom (II): New ways of leveraging backup power supply
- Union Investment: Activating people to engage in personal financial planning and investment
All exhibiting teams pay a participation fee, as part of their year-long academic program.
See more at www.sugar-network.org.
- The event description was updated. Diff#163418 2016-04-25 22:27:44
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM PDT
General public admission FULL Student FULL Child (0-12) FULL SUGAR corporate liaison / sponsor FULL SUGAR corporate alumni FULL SUGAR teaching team SOLD OUT $400.00 SUGAR student SOLD OUT $400.00 Visiting faculty / scholar SOLD OUT $250.00 Stanford faculty & staff FULL SUGAR invoice FULL SUGAR coach FULL
- Venue Address
- Stanford University, Huang Engineering Center amphitheater, 475 Via Ortega, Stanford, CA 94305 United States
Visitors are invited to park at Stanford's Galvez Lot. A free parking code will be provided to all registered participants a few days prior. Please refer to Stanford's Parking website for help with campus parking: http://transportation.stanford.edu/parkin
SUGAR Network182 Followers